Our nursing staff is comprised of highly qualified and experienced personnel. They provide acute care and help residents manage chronic conditions. They value and respect the autonomy of each resident and administer their services with carefulness and patience. Our nursing staff is available 24 hours a day to ensure that each resident receives the best care whenever it may be needed.
Our Nursing Services include:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care: Round-the-clock nursing staff and a medical director to provide ongoing care, medication administration, and monitoring of vital signs.
- Wound care management: Specialized nursing care for residents with wounds, including assessment, dressing changes, and infection control.
- Medication management: Monitoring medication schedules, administering medications, and coordinating with healthcare providers to ensure proper medication management.
- Pain management: Assessing and addressing residents’ pain levels, implementing pain management strategies, and coordinating with healthcare providers to optimize pain relief.
- IV therapy: Administration of intravenous medications, fluids, and nutrition for residents requiring infusion therapy.
- Chronic disease management: Ongoing monitoring and management of chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, or respiratory disorders to ensure optimal health outcomes.
- Catheter care: Maintenance and care of urinary catheters, including monitoring for infections and ensuring proper hygiene.
- Respiratory care: Support for residents with respiratory conditions, including monitoring oxygen levels, administering nebulizer treatments, and providing respiratory therapy.
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs): Help with tasks such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and mobility to promote independence and maintain personal hygiene.
- Nutritional support: Monitoring dietary needs, providing specialized diets, and ensuring proper nutrition and hydration for residents.
- Emotional and psychosocial support: Nursing staff trained to provide emotional support, counseling, and mental health assessments to address residents’ psychological well-being.
- Fall prevention and safety: Implementing fall prevention strategies, conducting risk assessments, and ensuring a safe environment for residents.
- Palliative and end-of-life care: Compassionate care for residents with life-limiting conditions, focusing on pain management, comfort measures, and emotional support for both residents and their families.
Wound Care Management
At our facility, we take pride in providing top-notch wound care therapy to our residents. To ensure the best possible care, we have an in-house wound doctor and a certified wound nurse available five days a week. Our comprehensive approach includes the use of pressure-reducing devices and special airflow mattresses to aid in healing. We also employ orthotics, chemical and mechanical debridement techniques, and stringent infection control measures to promote effective wound recovery. Recognizing the importance of nutrition in the healing process, we offer individualized nutrition plans tailored to each resident’s needs, further enhancing their overall wound healing progress and well-being.
At Buckeye Terrace, our dedicated nurses understand the importance of creating a comfortable and supportive environment for each resident. We recognize that as cognitive abilities decline, simple routines and visual cues can play a vital role in promoting familiarity and ease.
Our nurses work closely with residents’ families to establish personalized routines that enhance their sense of security and well-being. By implementing these routines and incorporating visual cues, we aim to provide a positive substitute for diminishing mental processes. This approach helps residents feel more at ease, reducing anxiety and confusion. We also use the Wander Guard system as a way to maintain resident safety while they stay at our facility.
Part of our Nursing and Rehabilitation goals are to maximize the quality of life for all our residents. We do this by implementing restorative nursing practices that are data-driven and proven to result in better outcomes for patients, such as:
- Range of motion: Our team works to improve residents’ flexibility, joint mobility, and overall range of motion through specific exercises and stretching techniques.
- Ambulation: We assist residents in maintaining or regaining their ability to walk safely and independently through targeted therapy and exercises.
- Positioning and alignment: We ensure that residents are properly positioned and aligned to prevent discomfort, pressure sores, and other potential issues.
- Activities of daily living: We help residents regain or enhance their ability to perform essential daily tasks such as dressing, bathing, grooming, and feeding.
- Skin integrity and wound management: Our skilled nursing staff diligently monitors and manages residents’ skin health, taking proactive measures to prevent and treat wounds or ulcers.
- Bowel and bladder training: We provide personalized programs to help residents maintain or regain control of their bowel and bladder functions.
- Rehabilitative and social dining: Our team supports residents in improving their ability to eat independently and participate in social dining experiences, ensuring a positive dining atmosphere.
- Weekly and monthly height and weight monitoring: We regularly monitor residents’ height and weight to track their nutritional status and overall health progress.
Our experienced nurses provide help with all aspects of managing diabetes including:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Insulin administration and tracking
- Menu planning, education and more.